Last week I went to Russ' Parent Teacher Conference and had a proud moment that I want to brag about. As I sat down with one of his teachers and told her who my son was, she did the hand over her heart thing, and said that he was such a great kid! I nodded and agreed, of course. She went on to tell me how impressed she was with how Russ would bring a disabled student in a wheelchair down to her class each day from first period. His teacher said that he never complained and was never embarrassed to do it. She said that she was 'honored' to know Russ and thought that he was very kind.
She told me all this, thinking that I already knew about it. Well, I had no idea. I was so proud of Russ' simple act of kindness. He didn't think it was anything big worth telling us about. I was touched by his thoughtfulness and reminded me that little things aren't always little! Good job, Russ!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
That's awesome Russ! He really is a sweet kid!
That's a great story, I didn't tear up reading it...
What a good kid. You have every reason to be a proud mom.
Wow, way to go Russ! That is so kind of him and Lisa's right, you and Russ both should be proud!
What a cute boy! I hope my kids are nice like that. Can't wait to see you at work again.
Post a Comment